Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Yikes - less than 2 weeks to go until Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival!  Am I ready?  Well, what do you think??  Dyeing tussah top right now, bold, jewel-y colors.  And a pot of mohair in almost the same colors; they always turn out different on the different fibers.  I love the way mohair just shines and glistens back at you, reflecting the color and those wonderful purl-y curls.

The chicks are growing like weeds.  It is so much fun to watch as they go through the many color stages towards what their final coloring will be.  This year I added some red laced blue wyandottes - how pretty! - and a couple of Speckled Sussex, a breed which I had a hen and rooster from years ago.  Someone in the group sings like a song bird and it is absolutely wonderful!

Back to the dyeing.  If I'm lucky, I'll post some photos for you all to savor along with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment